6th Annual International Conference in Computational Surgery (COSINE 6)
25-26 May 2016, Bordeaux INP-France - ENSEIRB-MATMECA Building.
The 6th Annual International Conference in Computational Surgery and Dual Training (COSINE6), which took place on May 25-26 2016 at
Bordeaux INP-France has been selected by the DESIREE consortium to host the 1 st DESIREE Symposium. COSINE6 provided a forum for new ideas to build the interdisciplinary curriculum of surgeons/computational scientists, presenting computational methods to optimize the integration of procedural technologies, informatics, and human factors to maximize performance in the operating room/procedural suite. In that framework, the DESIREE project made its initial opening to the scientific community, by holding a dedicated Symposium with the title: Multiscale modeling and decision support applied to breast cancer management: DESIREE project. The Symposium was held on May 25th, 10:30 - 12:30, Room TD11.
Overall, COSINE 6 conference provided a forum for new ideas to build the interdisciplinary curriculum of surgeons/computational scientists, and provided material for the continuous education of surgeons. This conference covered the following topics and much more:
- (I) Computational Surgery and Disease Management
- (II) Image Processing and Visualization for Surgical Intervention
- (III) Image Driven Intervention and Robotics
- (IV) Modeling Simulation and Experimental Data
- (V) Training
The best work presented at the conference will be published in the Journal of Computational Surgery, published bySpringer Verlag. The focus of the journal is computational science, including,but not limited to,such areas as:
- Modeling and Simulation to predict surgical outcomes
- Real time simulation to augment Operating Room (OR) procedures
- Design of new medical devices to meet procedural needs
- Integration of patient specific data to procedural planning and outcomes
- Multi-scale modeling of surgical disease
- Modeling of clinical trial design
This conference will support further development of cyber-Infrastructure in the operating room. In particular, this conference will present computational methods to optimize the integration of procedural technologies, informatics, and human factors to maximize performance in the operating room/procedural suite.
You may visit the dedicated conference website for further information.